Top of Page
Keep your Sakroots canvas bag looking good and lasting long with proper care! Handbags can really take a beating over time so it’s always good to know how to take care of each material. Follow these steps so your handbag will always look like new!
For an overall or internal cleaning, it’s best to remove all contents first. Empty all pockets, opening all zippers or buttons, and shake upside down to remove any debris and crumbs. Next, pull the interior of the bag to the outside or turn the bag inside out so the lining is exposed. Use a lint roller to capture dust and lint, or the fabric brush attachement on a vacuum. If you are doing a spot cleaning, you may not need to empty bag.
• Use a soft white cloth, so color doesn’t bleed onto canvas.
• Dampen cloth and wipe down canvas completely.
• If water alone does not remove stains, add a few drops of canvas cleaner, dish detergent or soap to your water.
• Rub cloth or scrubbing brush on soiled areas, being cautious not to transfer dirt from cloth.
• Rinse the cloth well and wipe away any soap residue.
• Allow your canvas bag to air dry completely in a cool place away from direct sunlight or heat.
• Coated canvas is typically water repellent and repels most dirt, but follow these steps if your coated canvas handbag requires care.
• Find a clean, soft cloth or toothbrush and dampen with water. Apply cloth or toothbrush in circular motion across spot.
• If water does not remove spot, add a few drops of a mild cleaning solution like vinegar or soap to your water and repeat circular motion on coated canvas, ensuring no soap remains on bag.
• Allow your coated canvas bag to air dry completely in a cool place away from direct sunlight or heat.
• Begin by filling a sink or tub with warm water, adding a small amount of mild liquid laundry detergent.
• Submerge your bag in the soapy water and allow to soak in mixture for one hour.
• Remove bag from water and rub with a damp cloth. You may scrub any stains with a soft toothbrush.
• After you’ve drained the soapy water, fill again with warm water and rinse your bag.
• Drain any excess water and wipe inside, pockets, and exterior with a clean dry cloth.
• Hang your nylon bag or accessory up or lay it on a flat surface to air dry.
• Remove all contents from inside your bag.
• Hand wash with cold water and a mild detergent.
• Lay bag flat on a dry towel in it’s original shape to air dry.
• To treat a stain or spot, mix warm water with a few drops of mild soap or dish detergent.
• Using a soft toothbrush dipped in water, gently rub the soiled area with the soapy toothbrush, following the grain of the straw.
• Wipe clean with a soft, clean white cloth dampened in clean water to remove any soap residue.
• Allow your bag or accessory to air dry, keeping out of direct sunlight.
• Wipe clean with cold, soapy water and leave to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight or artificial heat sources
• Do not use solvents. Do not store boots while damp, folded or creased.
• Keep in a cool, dry location.
Top of Page
Top of Page